Monday, September 25, 2006

Movie Watching

So I just finished watching "Sketches of Frank Gehry" and it was fantastic. I had to watch it twice because my initial reaction was that there isn't much to this movie. But on the second viewing and watching the included interview with Sydney Pollack, I think this is the best you could hope for as far as understanding an artist process goes. You get a small glimmer into what this man has gone through, see some marvelous architecture, and better understand that the final product is never a destination easily reached. Oh and while watching on the second and a half time and talking on the phone, I started doing these.


3 comments:

Wynne Chen said...

very nice painting, Dan!!
Great to see ur new stuffs!!

Meg said...

ooh i love these

Alina Chau said...

cool expressive style!